Airing Your Attitude of Gratitude Writing Contest
Share your stories of gratitude -- now through November 22
Thanksgiving is just around the corner. It’s a day when we celebrate the things we are thankful for — life, family, and material and spiritual blessings. At the heart of our turkey dinners and family gatherings are expressions of gratitude. This year, we want to invite you — our readers — to air your attitudes of gratitude and submit (short) stories of thanksgiving. Here are three “thankful” writing prompts:
- What are you grateful for this Thanksgiving?
- Why is it so important to celebrate gratitude?
- What’s your favorite Thanksgiving memory?
Send us your submission (guidelines below) by November 22, 2013, and you could have it published Thanksgiving Day at www.BustedHalo.com and receive a special Busted Halo® prize. So, in addition to making your grocery list for Thanksgiving dinner, take some time to write a story of gratitude and send it our way. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Send your submission (250 word maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include your first and last name, age, email address, mailing address, and the specific question you will address with your submission. You must be at least 18 years old at the time of submission for the entry to be considered eligible.
- All submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, November 22, 2013.
- Submissions that exceed the word count or arrive after November 22 can be disqualified (sorry!).
- If chosen for publication, your submission may be edited for clarity, grammar and style.
For a complete list of contest rules, click here.